We handle your VAT Returns
When you start out in business you may or may not be obliged to register for VAT. It may in your interest to register whether required by law or not. These are some of the issues that you need to consider.
At Coffey Maher, we off a wide complete range of services concerning VAT issues. We have experience of dealing with mainly Irish VAT and from time-to-time with UK and international VAT. We focus on delivering a specialist service tailored to meet its client’s needs.
All advice we provide to our client’s is both confidential and impartial.
The current rates
The current rates of vat and vat registration thresholds in Ireland are as follows:
- 23% is the standard rate of VAT and all goods and services that do not fall into the reduced rate categories are charged at this rate.
- 13.5% is applied to certain specified services such as electricity, building and building services, agricultural contracting services, short-term car hire, cleaning and maintenance services.
- 9% is applied to tourism-related activities including restaurants, hotels, cinemas, hairdressing and newspapers.
- 4.8% is applied specifically to agriculture. It applies to livestock (excluding chickens), greyhounds and the hire of horses.
- 0% rating includes all exports, tea, coffee, milk, bread, books, children’s clothes and shoes, oral medicine for humans and animals, vegetable seeds and fruit trees, fertilisers, large animal feed, disability aids such as wheelchairs, crutches and hearing aids.
Contact us if you are
- Looking for quick query resolution on VAT. issues?
- Need clarification on whether the VAT is “right” or “wrong” for your business?
- Want comfort and assurance on VAT?
- Concerns on VAT payments?
Do you need to file a VAT Return? Find out more in 3 easy steps?
Get in touch
We offer free consultations because it's so important to have the proper financial guidance. You can meet with one of our accountants in person or through video chat at your convenience!
Talk to an expert
We are here to help you grow your business, and we will provide a range of support services that can be tailored for different types of companies.
Get a quote
We believe in a pricing structure that is fixed and tailored specifically to each individual's needs, so you only pay for the services or support required.
Our simple process makes it easy to switch
There are no tax implications, and you can switch at any time in the year.
Our team will guide you through this process for a smooth transition! Our team will guide you through this process so that everything goes smoothly!