When you start out in business you may or may not be obliged to register for VAT. It may in your interest to register whether required by law or not. These are some of the issues that you need to consider.
At Coffey Maher, we off a wide complete range of services concerning VAT issues. We have experience of dealing with mainly Irish VAT and from time-to-time with UK and international VAT. We focus on delivering a specialist service tailored to meet its client’s needs.
All advice we provide to our client’s is both confidential and impartial.
The current rates of vat and vat registration thresholds in Ireland are as follows:
- 23% is the standard rate of VAT and all goods and services that do not fall into the reduced rate categories are charged at this rate.
- 13.5% is applied to certain specified services such as electricity, building and building services, agricultural contracting services, short-term car hire, cleaning and maintenance services.
- 9% is applied to tourism-related activities including restaurants, hotels, cinemas, hairdressing and newspapers.
- 4.8% is applied specifically to agriculture. It applies to livestock (excluding chickens), greyhounds and the hire of horses.
- 0% rating includes all exports, tea, coffee, milk, bread, books, children’s clothes and shoes, oral medicine for humans and animals, vegetable seeds and fruit trees, fertilisers, large animal feed, disability aids such as wheelchairs, crutches and hearing aids.
Contact us if you are:
- Looking for quick query resolution on V.A.T. issues?
- Need clarification on whether the V.A.T. is “right” or “wrong” for your business?
- Want comfort and assurance on V.A.T.?
- Concerns on V.A.T. payments?
At Coffey Maher we will advise on the correct route to take. Should you need to register we will complete you return ensuring that all expenses are correctly claimed for.